Back to Twitter

I started using Twitter again last week because I was afraid to miss developments and insights. I re-created my account and followed some of the journalists I like to read and listen to: John Dickerson, Emily Bazelon, Michael Barbaro, Caitlin Dickerson. This, I told myself, is the right way to use Twitter: to eavesdrop on the conversations being had among reporters about important matters of the day.


I forgot that Twitter is not a platform for conversation. 90% of the tweets in my feed are links to articles in publications I already read, often with a sentence of commentary attached. The other 10% is a mishmash of observations about anything and everything. It’s not bad. It’s just not informative. It’s entertainment .

One thought on “Back to Twitter

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s