This work trip was the first of its kind: a collaboration between four youth workers to assemble a team of over 40 high school youth from eight different churches for a 10 day mission experience. Here are the most important things we learned.
- A grilled cheese is a sandwich
- There are high school students who would like nothing more than to high five you in the face with a bus.
- The Abiquiu Teen Project is amazing
- 51 people is too many to do much meaningful work. Smaller=more flexible=better.
- Mosquitos have absolutely no redeeming biological or ecological function.
- The Dart Game is a disease.
- If your bus driver’s name is “Porsche,” it’s not actually that funny to repeatedly say, “Bring the Porsche around.”
- High school students want to worship God, especially under a blazing night sky on top of a mountain.
- The “O! A Milkshake” energizer is a fly that will torment your ears to the death.
- We’re definitely doing it again!